This module focuses on two of Expedition’s most valuable and powerful tools: display of Weather and Current GRIB files and Route Optimization. This module is valuable to day racers interested in using Expedition to analyze forecasts and an absolutely essential skill for offshore racers. For distance racing effective Weather Routing is what it is all about...
Presented live in one three hour session or at your own pace on-demand.
• GRIB files and their sources
• Configuring the display for your needs.
• Looking at the weather on shore
• Low Bandwidth strategy
• Pre-Race Route Optimization
• Analyzing and fine tuning your route optimization under way.
• How to prepare before an offshore race – historical analysis and pre race strategy.22) Weather & Routing US$129 Click to Enroll
• Fundamentals of sensor installation
• Instrument calibration philosophy
• Understanding limitations
• Sequence of calibrations for baseline
• Calibrating your boat speed
• Wind calibration realities
• Peter’s system of wind calibration
• Dealing with current, wind shear, and variations in “wind weight”
• Using StripChart for analysis and fine-tune
• Pitfalls and realities of instrument tuning
• Display configuration fundamentals
• Using AIS with Expedition 44) Instrument Tuning & Optimization US$129 Click to Enroll
Preparation and pre-requisites: Download and install Expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop. It is assumed that you are familiar with Expedition and have completed Expedition 101, or are already familiar with Expedition at that level. (Click here to see the Expedition 101 curriculum.)Note: If you are not a licensed Expedition owner/user, North U. Expedition Webinar participants can download a free temporary (4 week) full version of Expedition
for the webinar. Participants will also have the ability to buy
Expedition at a discounted price either before or after the course.
Download and pricing information below.If you are a current Expedition owner/user then we recommend
that you check to be sure you have the current/ latest version, as that
is what we will be teaching from. Upgrades are free for current owners.Class Times: Live Webinars: 7-10pm eastern, 4-7pm pacific.0000-0300 GMT through March 12, 0100-0400 GMT after March 12.During Class: You should have Expedition up and running along with your web browser and headset (or built in sound). When viewing recorded sessions you can pause (and replay) while you practice with Expedition. Follow Up: You can review the course over and over again, at your leisure, for 90 days from the first log-in. There will also be a user group blog to share ideas and experiences.
00) Expedition v10 - What's New! US$129
11) Polars and Sail Chart US$129
22) Weather and Routing US$129
33) Buoy Racing & Starting Module US$12944) Instrument Tuning and Optimization US$129
55) Expedition’s Race Schedules. US$79To download the free demo version of Expedition:- Go to: http://www.expeditionmarine.com
- Download & install trial version
- Email the Site Code that you receive to Nick White
- Note in the email that you are attending the North U Expedition Webinar so you get an extended trial key code.
- You will receive a Temporary Key Code for you to use on your computer.To Purchase Expedition:If you do not currently own the Expedition Software, but would like to purchase it through North U, the cost is US$1,295.
When you purchase Expedition, the Webinar is included at no additional charge. For webinar attendees, you will have the option to also purchase Expedition AFTER the webinar and after you have had time to work with the trial software. This offer is available for 90 days from your webinar registration.
Contact North U directly to arrange the purchase: Fran@NorthU.NorthSails.com
To enroll in any Expedition Webinar, click here
To go to the Expedition 101 Info Page, click here.
To go to the Rules & Tactics Webinar Info Page, click here.
To view the full North U Seminar schedule and registration page, click here.