Now & Later / by Peter Isler
Six Hour Recorded Expedition 101 Webinar available NOW!
You’ll have access for months to review as often as you like
All courses are available now to stream on demand
Sign Up Here
The Information Age is Hitting Sailing Full Force
Today’s top racers use on-board computers to optimize racing strategy and boat performance on the fly (while also compiling data for later analysis).
The Expedition webinar introduces you to all of Expedition’s Navigation, Routing, Strategy and Performance features. As a software training program, this course is perfectly suited to on-line Webinar delivery.
Using Expedition Software, two-time America’s Cup winning navigator and racing guru Peter Isler leads the program. After a walk-through of the set up and features of the software, Peter uses a combination of demonstrations, hands-on simulation exercises and case studies.
You learn both inshore and offshore racing functions including:
• Customize/personalize settings
• Understand and operate navigation window
• Download and use different nautical charts
• Create a course and navigate
• Set up instrument output channels
• Improve utility of your sailing instrument data
• Understand and use Strip Chart for data analysis and instrument tuning
• Understand and use logging features
• Understand and use logplayer and simulator applications
• Load, insert, use and modify polars
• Understand and use starting line application
• Download and activate wind/tide GRIBs and read them in Expedition
• Understand and use sail chart/ sail selection tool
• Perform Weather routing tasks
• Create an Optimized Route
• Sign Up for the Webinar Recording.
• Download and install Expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop – See note below.
• Download sample files via links in sign-up confirmation.
• Go through pre-course exercises. (Allow approximately 4 hours.)
• View the Webinar recording at your own pace.
Note: If you are not a licensed Expedition owner/user, North U. Expedition Webinar participants can download a free temporary full version of Expedition for the webinar. Participants will also have the ability to buy Expedition at a discounted price either before or after the course. Download and pricing information below.
Class Time: You should have Expedition up and running along with your web browser and headset (or built in sound).
Home Work: Half way through the course there will be approximately 4 hours of homework.
Available Anytime: The Expedition Webinar is taught in six x 1hr sessions (plus prep work and homework between sessions 3 & 4).
Program is web hosted. You must be on-line to view the session.
You can review the course in whole or in part at your leisure. You can also view the new recording – scheduled for early March 2016 – for 90 days. Why wait? View the current recording now and build your skills; then view the new recording starting in March
You’ll also be ready for the detailed Expedition Modules on Buoy Racing, Instruments, Weather and Routing, Polars and Sail Chart, and Race Schedules. For more info on modules visit the Expedition Modules page.
To download the free demo version of Expedition:
• Go to: http://www.expeditionmarine.com
• Download & install trial version
• Email the Site Code that you receive to Nick White
• Note in the email that you are attending the North U Expedition Webinar so you get an extended trial key code.
• You will receive a Temporary Key Code for you to use on your computer – usually within 24hrs.
To Purchase Expedition:
If you do not currently own the Expedition Software you can purchase it through North U and receive the Expedition 101 Webinar (live and/or recorded) for free. The cost of Expedition is US$1,295.
You also have the option to purchase Expedition AFTER purchasing the webinar and the cost of the webinar will be deducted from the price. This offer is available for 90 days from your webinar registration.
Contact North U directly to arrange the purchase: Fran@NorthU.NorthSails.com
To enroll in the Expedition Software Webinar on Demand, click here
To view the full North U Seminar schedule and registration page, click here.