Revised and Updated / by Peter Isler
Live Webinars are over for this season
The Expedition 101 Webinar is available NOW, on Demand
Presented by Peter Isler, our Expedition 101 course is available both as a live webinar and as a recorded, on-demand webinar.
Hugely popular since first introduced in 2013, the Expedition 101 course has been fully updated to the latest refinements of Expedition. Expedition 101 focuses on Expedition fundamentals and provides both a broad overview and specific details on effective use of all of Expedition’s features. Sign up for the live course and you’ll have full access to the recording for 90 days.
Can’t wait? Take the Recorded On-Demand Expedition 101 Webinar NOW and attend the live course in May at no additional charge.
The Expedition 101 course is presented in two 3-hour sessions by two-time America’s Cup winning navigator and Expedition expert Peter Isler.
You learn both inshore and offshore racing functions including:
• Understand and operate navigation window
• Download and use nautical charts of various types
• Create a course and navigate
• Set up instrument output channels
• Customize/personalize settings
• Improve utility of your sailing instrument data
• Understand and use Strip Chart for data analysis and instrument tuning
• Understand and use logging features
• Understand and use Playback and its simulator application
• Load, insert, use and modify polars
• Understand and use starting line application
• Create and Load sail chart
• Use sail chart/ sail selection tool
• Download and load GRIB weather/wind/tide files
• Analyze and Display GRIB weather/wind/tide data
• Perform Weather routing tasks
• Create an Optimized Route
After the seminar you’ll have access to the full recorded course plus valuable “how to’ videos and reference materials.
• Enroll for the Webinar
• Download and install Expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop.
• Download sample files – we’ll send links and instructions with your enrollment confirmation.
• Go through pre-course exercises.
(Allow approximately 4 hours.)
Note: If you are not a licensed Expedition owner/user, North U. Expedition Webinar participants can download a free temporary (4 week) full version of Expedition for the webinar. Participants will also have the ability to buy Expedition at a discounted price either before or after the course. Download and pricing information follows below.If you are a current Expedition owner/user then we recommend that you check to be sure you have the current/ latest version, as that is what we will be teaching from. Upgrades are free for current owners.
Class Time: You should have Expedition up and running along with your web browser and headset (or built in sound).
Homework: Yep, homework! Between sessions 1 & 2 of the course there will be approximately 4 hours of homework.
Follow Up: You can review the course recording as often as you like for 90 days.
Price: The Full course is US$199.
Includes live course and 90 days access to the recordings.
To enroll: click here to enroll.
To download the free demo version of Expedition:
– Go to: http://www.expeditionmarine.com
– Download & install trial version
– Email the CPU Site Code that you receive to Nick White
– Note in the email that you are attending the North U Expedition Webinar so you get an extended trial key code.
– You will receive a Temporary Key Code for you to use on your computer.
To Purchase Expedition:
If you do not currently own the Expedition Software, but would like to purchase it through North U, the cost is US$1,295.
When you purchase Expedition through North U, the Webinar is included at no additional charge. For webinar attendees, you will have the option to also purchase Expedition AFTER the webinar and after you have had time to work with the trial software. The cost of the webinar will be deducted from the purchase price. This offer is available for 90 days from your webinar registration.
Contact North U directly to arrange the purchase: Francine.Wainer@NorthSails.com
To enroll in any Expedition Webinar, click here
To view the full North U Seminar schedule and registration page, click here.