– Six Hour Recorded Expedition 101 Webinar –
You’ll have access for months to review as often as you like.
Available to stream on demand from your desktop or off-line using the Talent LMS App
Using Expedition Software, two-time America’s Cup winning navigator and racing guru Peter Isler leads the program. After a walk-through of the setup and features of the software, Peter uses a combination of demonstrations, hands-on simulation exercises, and case studies.
You learn both inshore and offshore racing functions including:
• Customize/personalize settings
• Understand and operate navigation window
• Download and use different nautical charts
• Create a course and navigate
• Set up instrument output channels
• Improve utility of your sailing instrument data
• Understand and use Strip Chart for data analysis and instrument tuning
• Understand and use logging features
• Understand and use log player and simulator applications
• Load, insert, use and modify polars
• Understand and use starting line application
• Download and activate wind/tide GRIBs and read them in Expedition
• Understand and use sail chart/ sail selection tool
• Perform Weather routing tasks
• Create an Optimized Route
• Download Expedition 101 Webinar Table of Contents: https://bit.ly/2XkAest
• Sign Up for the Webinar Recording.
• Download and install Expedition on a Windows PC/ Laptop
• Download sample files and assignments from the course contents page.
• Go through pre-course exercises. (Allow approximately 4 hours.)
• View the Webinar recording at your own pace.